St Mary's College welcomes enrolment enquiries from International Students
St Mary's has a limit on how many international students can be enrolled to achieve the best results and to cope with the curriculum. All students who wish to apply need to have English of around pre-intermediate levels. Those who apply for Years 11, 12 or 13 must be at an intermediate English Level. All students will be assessed individually.
How to enrol at St. Mary's College
It is reccommended that students under 14 years need to live with a parent or guardian, the International Director will review each student's circumstances and assess the circumstances of their living arrangements.
Please submit the student's school report / transcripts and a page of handwriting from the student.
We would like to know about her family, friends, favourite subjects and things she likes doing as well as what she wants to achieve at St Mary's and her future ambitions. If the International Director is satisfied with the student's performance, the following procedure is required:
Further testing and writing may be required once the student starts school to check the validity of her writing and level of English. Any false or misleading information may result in the termination of a place at the College.
2. Complete the Application & Contract Form and parents / student / agent sign the Declaration. Make sure you have a SKYPE address for an interview and student's email address for the online English test.
3. Complete the Student Profile sheet
4. Complete the Student's Intentions and Subject Choices sheet.
5. Complete the Designated Caregiver's form if the student is not living in a St Mary's Homestay (if applicable)
6. Complete the Student Contract for living with a Parent (if applicable)
7. Please send a copy of the student's passport
Enrolment / Acceptance Procedure
Once the student’s application has been received an on-line English test will be sent to the student and then a SKYPE interview will be set up. At the SKYPE interview we may also ask her to show us some more of her writing.
(Year 11 student’s English needs to be at Pre-Intermediate level and Year 12 -13 student’s English needs to be at an Intermediate Level to cope with the NZ curriculum).
Once the entrance tests and Skype interview are completed, the International Dean recommends the student for enrolment to the Principal. The Principal then approves or declines the enrolment.
International Student Director
Phone: +64 9 376 6568 ext 817
Mob: +64 21 157 8776
Applying for a Student Visa
2019 Visa requirements - English Version
2019 Visa requirements - Chinese Version
St Mary's College can assist with this at a cost of $50 per Student Visa and $100 per Guardian Visa (Visitor).
To get your Student Visa you must apply to the New Zealand Immigration Service. They will require:
- A confirmation or acceptance of place from St Mary's College
- A receipt from the College for the fees
- The College's guarantee of accommodation
- A copy of your passport
- A recent passport size photograph
- Evidence of funds to support yourself or receipt of homestay paid
- Medical and x-ray certificate
- An application fee
- Student Visa Application Form
- For a Parent Living with their Daughter (Guardian), please complete: Visitor Visa Application Form
All international students must hold a valid visa to study in New Zealand, and adhere to their visa conditions. Visit the Immigration New Zealand website for more information on student visas.