St. Mary’s College is following guidelines provided by the Ministries of Health and Education.
We have four Alert Levels to battle COVID-19. Please click here to view these in more detail. We are now at Alert Level 2 which for us means we have officially reopened to all students and staff as of Monday 18 May.
Loving God, in Christ Jesus, the servant of all, you call us to the service of others. Grant to those who govern the community the skill to recognise its urgent needs and the strength to pursue the common good. Endow us all with patience and courage, that we may care for the suffering, feed the hungry, shelter the homeless and sustain the needy. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
How To Protect Yourself and Others:
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food with sick people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
- Call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 if you have any symptoms and have been to any countries or territories of concern or have been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19.
St. Mary’s College:
- We are now open for all students and staff from 18 May.
- Term 2 began on 15 April and will run until Friday 3 July.
- We have cancelled or postponed various events (list below), events (both in-school, trips and extra-curricular) that are continuing have been reassessed and changes may have been made to how they operate.
- Our main form of communication with our parent community is via email.
|Wednesday 25 March||College Champ Athletics||Cancelled|
|Thursday 26 March - Friday 27 March||Year 13 Retreat||Postponed|
|Saturday 28 March - Tuesday 31 March||NISS Water Polo||Cancelled|
|Saturday 28 March||SMC Year 7 & 8 Netball||Cancelled|
|Sunday 29 March||Quest Year 12 (with SPC)||Postponed|
|Monday 30 March - Friday 3 April||Summer Tournament 2020||Cancelled|
|Wednesday 1 April - Friday 3 April||NZSS 3x3 Basketball Champs||Postponed|
|Thursday 2 April||Year 7 & 8 Inter Zone Swimming||Cancelled|
|Thursday 2 April||Sacramental Parents Info Evening||Postponed|
|Saturday 4 April||Quest Year 12 (with SPC)||Postponed|
|Saturday 4 April||SMC Year 9-13 Netball Tournament||Cancelled|
|Wednesday 8 April||Junior & Senior Progress Reports||Postponed|
|Wednesday 8 April||Year 9-13 College Sport Swim Meet||Cancelled|
|Sunday 19 April - Thursday 23 April||NZSS Water Polo Tournament||Cancelled|
|Friday 22 May||St Mary's College Ball||Postponed|
|Wednesday 3 June||Senior Parent Interviews||Postponed|
|Thursday 11 June||Grandparent's Mass||Cancelled|
|Monday 15 June - Wednesday 17 June||Year 8 Camp||Postponed|
|Wednesday 24 June - Thursday 25 June||Year 12 Work Experience||Cancelled|
|Thursday 13 August||Music - Brisbane Trip||Cancelled|
|FURTHER SUSPENDED EVENTS|
|Tuesdays||Senior Orchestra, Chamber Orchestra|
|Wednesdays||Concert Band, Chamber Orchestra, Senior Choir and Jnr Chamber Orchestra|
I Am Hope This is the youth / community support group run by The Key to Life, started by Mike King
Nathan Wallis Facebook Nathan provides some helpful videos for parents and whanau
Mental Health Foundation Tips for taking care of your mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19
Depression.org Health Promotion Agency website aimed at helping people recognise and understand depression
Quarantine Tips from Eileen Feliciano Helpful list of tips highlighting important things for children