We are following guidelines provided by the Ministries of Health and Education.
We have four Alert Levels to battle COVID-19. Please click here to view these in more detail.
We are currently at Alert Level 1 which means we are open to all students and staff.
How To Protect Yourself and Others:
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food with sick people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
- Call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 if you have any symptoms and have been to any countries or territories of concern or have been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19.
St. Mary’s College:
- We are now open for all students and staff.
- Term 3 began on 20 July and will run until Friday 25 September.
- We have cancelled or postponed various events (list below), events (both in-school, trips and extra-curricular) that are continuing have been reassessed and changes may have been made to how they operate.
- Our main form of communication with our parent community is via newsletter and email.
REVISED EVENT DATES:
Monday 3 - Tuesday 4 August – Team Photos
Thursday 6 August – Parent Interviews
Thursday 13 August – Catchup Parent Interviews (via TEAMS)
Tuesday 18 August – Year 10 Retreat
Wednesday 19 August – Option Evening
Friday 28 August – Year 7-12 2021 Options Due
Monday 14 September – Mid Term Break
Wednesday 16 – Wendesday 23 September – Senior Exams
Thursday 24 September – Mercy Day (Mass and House Music)
Thursday 25 September – Teacher Only Day and School Ball
I Am Hope This is the youth / community support group run by The Key to Life, started by Mike King
Nathan Wallis Facebook Nathan provides some helpful videos for parents and whanau
Mental Health Foundation Tips for taking care of your mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19
Depression.org Health Promotion Agency website aimed at helping people recognise and understand depression