St Mary's College welcomes enrolment enquiries from International Students
How to enrol at St Mary's College
Students who wish to apply for Years 11, 12 or 13 must be at pre-intermediate English level. All students will be assessed individually.
It is reccommended that students under 14 years need to live with a parent or guardian, the International Director will review each student's circumstances and assess the circumstances of their living arrangements.
Documents required for your application are:
- Digital copy of the student's passport to upload
- Digital copy of a recent school report for student to upload
- Digital copy of the parent / caregiver's passport to upload
- Complete the Designated Caregiver's form if the student is not living in a St Mary's Homestay (if applicable), provided to you during online application
- Complete the Student Contract for living with a Parent (if applicable), provided to you during online application
- Signed copy of the International Enrolment Agreement and Medical Form which will be provided to you during the online application to download, sign and upload.
Enrolment / Acceptance Procedure
Once the student’s application has been received, an online English test will be sent to the student and then a SKYPE interview will be arranged.
Please send a page of handwriting from the student - We would like to know about her family, friends, favourite subjects and things she likes doing as well as what she wants to achieve at St Mary's and her future ambitions.
Further testing and writing may be required once the student starts school to check the validity of her writing and level of English.
Once the entrance tests and Skype interview are completed, the International Dean recommends the student for enrolment to the Principal. The Principal then approves or declines the enrolment.
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Programme
Every student needs to bring a Windows device that has English Windows 10 capability for Office 365. When the student arrives, we will install Office Pro Plus 365 on their device. This includes OneNote which is the pIatform for the student’s E-learning and where they make all their class notes. If the device is not properly configured and we can’t get the student connected it will affect their learning and a new device may need to be sourced.
Any enquiries please contact:
International Student Director
Phone: +64 9 376 6568 ext 817
Mob: +64 21 157 8776
Applying for a Student Visa
2019 Visa requirements - English Version
2019 Visa requirements - Chinese Version
St Mary's College can assist with this at a cost of $50 per Student Visa and $100 per Guardian Visa (Visitor).
To get your Student Visa you must apply to the New Zealand Immigration Service. They will require:
- A confirmation or acceptance of place from St Mary's College
- A receipt from the College for the fees
- The College's guarantee of accommodation
- A copy of your passport
- A recent passport size photograph
- Evidence of funds to support yourself or receipt of homestay paid
- Medical and x-ray certificate
- An application fee
- Student Visa Application Form
- For a Parent Living with their Daughter (Guardian), please complete: Visitor Visa Application Form
All international students must hold a valid visa to study in New Zealand, and adhere to their visa conditions. Visit the Immigration New Zealand website for more information on student visas.